At Bowst, we think about project management a little differently. It’s not about taking a request and getting it “done,” it’s about understanding our clients’ needs and delivering results.
That’s what’s made us the biggest and best little shop you’ve never heard of. We’re a small team that’s incredibly busy delivering world-class solutions to clients who keep coming back for more, and telling their friends. And now we’ve got so much work we need to find another powerhouse to join our team. We have an immediate need for a PM who is familiar with WordPress, Shopify, Drupal, and doing great work with great clients.
If you’re detail oriented, have worked in a digital agency before, and love over-delivering, we might have a job for you. If you prefer forwarding emails to designers and developers without reading or understanding them, please go somewhere else: we’re too busy. With a website this bad, we’ve got to be good.
- Anticipate and understand clients’ needs, manage incoming requests to create a coherent stream of work
- Work with the client’s PO to create, maintain, and prioritize the product backlog
- Help lead daily scrum meetings: stand-up, sprint planning, demos, retros, and other ceremonies
- Proactively clear roadblocks and protect the team from disruptions so they can stay on target and do their best work
- Enforce commitments to scope, quality and timing, holding the authority to accept or reject work based on our standards and expectations
- Regularly set clear goals so the team and client understand the value of what’s being delivered and when
- Facilitate the creation of user stories and acceptance tests from themes and features granular enough for a single sprint
- Represent the team and the client transparently, objectively, and clearly with impeccable written and verbal communication
- Review deliverable and demonstrable code after every sprint
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- B.A. or B.S. in a field related to the web or marketing, or commensurate work experience
- Practical experience using agile to drive team performance and a track record of success using agile to deliver software products
- Formal product owner and Agile training are very desirable.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, strong analytical and problem solving skills, ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, flexibility and adaptability to change, decision-making and critical thinking skills.
- Experience with common agile project management software (GitHub, Teamwork, JIRA, Basecamp, Trello)