Inclusive Innovation Challenge
MIT hosts a worldwide contest that raises the challenge: how can your organization use technology to provide more inclusive economic opportunities for everyone. They called it the Inclusive Innovation Challenge. With over $1.4M USD in prize money, MIT encourages and recognizes the people all around the world who are revolutionizing the economy in four different categories: skills development & opportunity matching, income growth & job creation, technology access, and financial inclusion.
Bowst was able to build a platform to support it all, which meant custom workflows and automation to support judge management, application scoring, global and regional dashboards, MailChimp integration, and more. Leveraging the internal MIT teams experience from the previous two years, we defined a feature set as a baseline to help define all functionality, while focusing on ways to improve the overall experience. The program has been a wild success, with over $5M USD awarded to date, with organizations from 150+ different countries registering to make an impact. It’s the kind of work we feel great to be a part of, and honored to be able to support.
A fresh look for an event designed to change the world for good
Redux with React
RxJS and Reselect Architecture
D3.JS for Data Visualization
- Ability to manage multiple events and support future years
- IIC Custom Dashboard supporting multiple roles allowing in-depth progress review and oversight at every challenge milestone phase at every region
- WordPress synchronization to simplify the management of Judges
- User management for Judges and Outreach Partners
- Custom voting Rubric
- Question management
- Judge specific dashboard to encourage and remind them to complete their application review
- Multistep application submission management to increase the number of completed applications
- Real-Time Analytics in Dashboard
Everything you need in one place.
We addressed the pain-points defined in our discovery and created an intuitive and informative dashboard to help the internal team manage the 2018 challenge.
Simplified outbound emails integrated with MailChimp.
Simplified application and judging progress to help ensure contest milestones are met.