Talent Management System
The Hype! Agency works with marketing firms to find, vet, and select staff for marketing events across the United States. Hype! had been using a legacy software system for almost a decade, and significant modernization was required to adapt to the new business landscape. The project included in-depth conversations with applications users to understand the challenges with the existing software, and to design a modernized system that optimizes the way Hype! manages its business using cutting edge technology.
Hype!’s roster of available staff exceeds 15,000 users, who are typically accessing the system via mobile device on a cellular connection, so the system was designed to be highly scalable, performant, and mobile friendly. Intuitive and responsive interfaces were critical for this user base in order to reduce support needs and improve the accuracy of data collected.
Hype!’s business moves fast, and it was extremely important for our solution to keep up. On the administrative side, the system was built from the ground up to better organize key business data, as well as accelerate the process of creating, managing, and selecting staff for marketing events.
To meet accommodate these project requirements, we created a custom application built on Elixir and the Phoenix framework, leveraging Elm on the front end to create an intuitive, engaging, and responsive user experience. All APIs for the project were developed using the GraphQL protocol for maximum flexibility and performance. As a whole, the system was designed to be extended over its lifetime to keep pace with Hype!’s business as it evolves and grows over the next decade.
Key features of the system include the following:
- Tailored visual experience for talent and activation specialist focused on getting specific tasks done efficiently
- Talent registration and photo upload with dynamic cropping and sizing for performance
- Native device photo upload capability
- Talent profile management
- Client Program Management
- Create, manage and schedule jobs
- Offer jobs to talent users
- Manage talent placement workflows
- Dynamic Emails based on job details and job status
- Data migration utilities to help align talent with past jobs
- Talent comments
- Talent Photo Gallery